For the class 6 Maths exam, the students can refer to the NCERT solutions and notes that are available online. The students can do this additional study apart from their class 6 textbooks. Maths for any class is always an interesting subject and brings students a lot of new and innovative things. Mathematics is a number study and it makes the students happy as well as sad. This is because of the difference in the capacity of the students as they differ.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths will help the students to improve their performance in the overall subjects. Most students fear Maths and hence it becomes easy for them to understand the subject. The answers are designed in a very good way and the solutions can lead students to get higher marks.
Chapter 1 – Knowing Our Numbers
A number is a mathematical unit used to calculate, count, or measure things. From this chapter, the students will learn about counting numbers and their comparison, understanding larger numbers, the use of commas in numbers, and the estimation of numbers. the students will go through the introduction of topics to numbers, comparing numbers, shifting digits, the introduction of 10000, revisiting place value, introduction of 100000, larger numbers, reading & writing large numbers, use of commas, large numbers in practice, estimation, estimating to the nearest hundreds by rounding off, estimating to the nearest thousands by rounding off, estimating outcomes of number situations, to estimate sum or difference, to estimate products, using brackets, expanding brackets, and Roman numerals.
Chapter 2 – Whole Numbers
In this chapter, the concept of whole numbers is put forward to students. As we have seen, numbers are used for several functions and are the base of mathematics. Here, the students will cover the topics like introduction to predecessor & successor, whole numbers, the number line, adding on the number line, subtracting on the number line, properties of whole numbers- closure, commutative, associative, distributivity, additive & multiplicative, and importance of whole numbers.
Chapter 3 – Playing With Numbers
This chapter teaches the students the various functions that can be performed with the help of numbers. the students will learn factors & multiples, prime & composite numbers, test for divisibility of numbers, common factor or common multiple, other divisibility rules, prime factorization, highest common factor, lowest common multiple, perfect numbers, and various properties of functions of numbers.
Chapter 4 – Basic Geometrical Ideas
Around us, we find different objects with different shapes. Geometry is the study of shapes and measurements. Geometrical ideas are reflected in fill forms of arts, architecture, measurements, engineering, etc. in this chapter, the students will know some interesting facts about shapes. They will learn about a point, a line, a line segment, a ray, intersecting lines, an angle, a curve, a triangle, and a circle.
Chapter 5 – Understanding Elementary Shapes
This chapter explains very basic concepts of elementary shapes which can be seen around us and are used in several theorems and rules. From this chapter, the students will learn measurement of a line segment, angles- right & straight, triangles – acute, obtuse, & reflex, classification of triangles, polygons and their types, quadrilaterals and their types, faces, edges, vertices, and concept of the prism.
Chapter 6 – Integers
The collection of all whole numbers and their negatives are called the integers excluding the decimals or fractions. The positive whole numbers are called positive integers and negative whole numbers are called negative integers. In this chapter, the students will come across the predecessors & successors, the addition of integers, multiplication of integers, and properties of integers.
Chapter 7 – Fractions
In this chapter, the students will learn that a fraction is a number that represents a portion of a larger unit, a single object or a group of objects might take up the whole, it is necessary to guarantee that all parts are equal when stating a circumstance of counting components to write a fraction, fraction on the number line, and some illustrative solutions.
Chapter 8 – Decimals
Decimal is a mathematical notation to represent the fractions whose denominator is 10 or the power of 10. It illustrates the tenths, the hundredths, representing decimals on a number line, fractions as decimals, decimals as fractions, place value of decimals, comparing decimals, using decimals, the addition of numbers with decimals, and subtraction of numbers with decimals.
Chapter 9 – Data Handling
Data handling teaches about the different methods of data organization and coming to the conclusive part. Data is a group of numbers compiled to provide information. Data handling is a collection of data using the planned methodology, recording data with accuracy & clarity, analyzing the collected data to conclude, and sharing data in a way that provides important information to others. This chapter will cover the topics of what is data, how to record data, how to organize data, pictographs, interpretation of pictographs, drawing a pictograph, bar graph, interpretation of bar graph, and drawing a bar graph.
Chapter 10 – Mensuration
In this chapter, the students will learn about Mensuration. Perimeter is the total length of the boundary forming around a closed figure, going round the figure once. The students will know the perimeter of a rectangle, a square, an equilateral triangle, a regular pentagon, and the area of a rectangle and a square.
Chapter 11 – Algebra
From this chapter, the students will learn the following basic information about algebra –
- How to find powers and roots?
- How to solve the expressions with exponents?
- How do subtract, add, and divide decimals, integers, and fractional values?
- How do calculate the inequalities of variables?
- How to draw the graphs of lines using the slope-intercept formula and point-slope form?
- How do calculate multivariable equations and single variables?
- How to calculate an equation to determine roots with the help of quadratic formula?
Chapter 12 – Ratio and Portion
In this chapter, the students can know about comparison by taking difference –
- In some cases, a comparison by difference is not preferable to a comparison by division.
- When we examine the two quantities in terms of ‘how many times, this comparison is called ratio.
- We approach taking differences between quantities when comparing quantities of the same time.
Comparison by division: –
- The sign: is used to indicate a ratio.
- By multiplying or dividing the numerator and denominator by the same number, we can derive equivalent ratios.
- The two quantities must be in the same unit to be compared via ratio. If they aren’t in the same unit, they should be before the ratio is calculated.
- In many cases, the division is used to make a more meaningful comparison of amounts. This procedure is called comparison by ratio.
Chapter 13 – Symmetry
An object when cut into two halves about a line or axis such that the proportions of both halves are completely balanced is called symmetry. In this chapter, the students can understand the concepts of line or axis of symmetry, types of the line of symmetry – vertical line of symmetry, horizontal line of symmetry, and the diagonal line of symmetry, reflection & symmetry, and application of symmetry in daily life.
Chapter 14 – Practical Geometry
From this chapter, the students will learn how to draw different figures with the help of given parameters. The students will know about the tools such as; a graduated ruler, the compass, the divider, set-squares, and the protractor. They will also learn the construction of a circle when its radius is known, the construction of a line segment of a given length, constructing a copy of a given line segment, the method of ruler & compass, and constructing a copy of an angle of unknown measure.
Importance of Maths: –
Since Maths is the base of Science and both the subjects are linked together. Maths has been a prime subject with multiple formulae that can help invent many new things. These can be innovations that can benefit human beings. Maths may seem difficult to many but it is an entertaining subject as found by some. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths makes the student’s path easier. The importance of Maths has been for years now and it is considered as the major subject along with Science.
Scope for Maths
For Maths graduates, one might think there is no scope but the situation is not so. A Maths graduate can have several opportunities in various sectors like finance and banking. Apart from these, there are some other opportunities which we can see below –
- Mathematician – Master’s in Mathematics
- Statistician – Bachelor’s in Mathematics/Statistics, Master’s in Statistics
- Actuary – Bachelors’ in Mathematics/Economics/Statistics, B.Com or Actuarial Science followed by clearance of Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) and Actuarial Science 15 stages.
- Economist – Bachelors’ in Economics followed by Masters’ in Economics/Econometrics/Applied Economics
- Operations Research Analyst – Bachelors’ in Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering followed by an MBA in Operations Management
- Psychometrician – Bachelors’ in Psychology followed by Masters’ in Psychology/Statistics
- Market Researcher – Graduate in Mathematics/Statistics/Economics or Psychology
- Data Analyst/Business Analyst/Big Data Analyst – Bachelors’ in Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering. Masters’ in Data Analytics/Big Data Analytics/Business Intelligence
Features and Characteristics of Maths
If we talk about the features of Maths across the world, we will know that there are five groups of characteristics and these are of prime importance –
- Applicability and Effectiveness
- Abstraction and Generality
- Logical Derivation, Axiomatic Arrangement
- Precision, Correctness, Evolution through Dialectic.
Sources of NCERT Solutions
- Students can download the solutions from the official website of NCERT in PDF format.
- Search on any SEO relevant to educational material to know more about solutions.
- Students can avail of the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths with the help of their school.
- Students can order the solutions online from an e-commerce website.
- They can avail themselves of the solutions by purchasing them from a nearby bookstore.
Class 6 students will start their higher studies one by one from this level. All the subjects matter in one’s life to become a successful student. The only study is expected when you are in your schooling days and the expectations vary from home to home. Most parents know the capacity of their children but they stress about getting more from them. Parents always insist on their children to achieve the highest marks which is impossible because only one student can top.
However, the students can try to take more effort to at least get more marks than usual. This is made easier by NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths because the arrangement of all NCERT solutions is well-crafted by experienced professionals.
Why do students need to study NCERT solutions?
Textbooks can make them read more but solutions can give them made-to-order answers covering the entire syllabus.
Who should refer to the NCERT solutions?
All students can refer to the solutions but it is widely used by students who are ambitious and want to grow in life.
Why do most students fear Maths?
At all a level, the syllabus is designed based on the capability of an average student. Toughness is in mind and it comes with the wrong communication and mindset.
How many chapters are covered in Maths class 6?
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths covers a total of 14 chapters.
How can students shed the fear of Maths?
It is possible with consistent reading and writing practices. The more you read the more you are benefitted.
Are there job possibilities for Maths graduates?
There are many job opportunities for Maths graduates in various sectors including the government sector.